[Equest-users] Integrated Window Blinds in Dual Pane Windows

Bishop, Bill bbishop at pathfinder-ea.com
Wed Dec 26 06:20:48 PST 2012

Peter,

Are you doing an Appendix G model? If so, I thought I'd remind you that, per Table G3.1, "manual fenestration shading devices such as blinds or shades shall not be modeled." If the integrated blinds are automatically controlled then they can be modeled.

I'm curious about the U-value changing (presumably improving - decreasing). Why would blinds change the U-value?

Regards,
Bill

[Senior Energy Engineer 28Jun2012]<mailto:wbishop at pathfinder-ea.com>