[Equest-users] Modeling Stair / Elevator Shafts

Ömer Moltay omoltay at mimtarch.com
Wed Feb 15 05:42:36 PST 2012

Dear All,

What is your take on modeling of stair and elevator shafts for tall
buildings in eQuest? Though I want to ignore these during zoning to
simplify the model, I am also wondering if such a simplification
decreases the accuracy of the model. Is eQuest accounting for heat
transfers between floors with such shafts and how important is this for
the overall energy performance calculation (expectedly, all shafts
extend from unconditioned basement parking floors to conditioned upper
floors).

Thank you,

Omer Moltay
Mimta