[Equest-users] GLHX with Fluid Cooler EQUIP-CTRL

James Woodard jwoodard at brph.com
Fri Feb 24 11:05:35 PST 2012

Hi all,

I am seeking advice on how to correctly use the "EQUIP-CTRL" command, otherwise found on the Controls tab of any circulation loop. For my system, we have a vertical well GLHX with a Fluid Cooler attached to the same loop to take care of the peak cooling in the summer time. I want to fully load the GLHX before kicking on the Fluid Cooler. I have found in the DOE-2 Help an example input which I have copied and pasted into my input file. My issue is that I do not think the EQUIP-CTRL command is input correctly. I feel this way because I can turn that control on and off and my GLHX and Fluid Cooler capacities are the exact same. Does anyone have any experience with the EQUIP-CTRL command and particularly the GLHX hybrid with Fluid Cooler.

[cid:image003.jpg at 01CCF2FD.609DE530]

Also, I have changed some of the inputs from the above screen (Max Flow, Max Load, and Flows Through) and had no change in outcome.

Thanks in advance,

James Woodard, E.I.T., LEED AP BD+C | Mechanical Engineering

BRPH | 5700 North Harbor City Boulevard, Suite 400 | Melbourne, Florida 32940
O:  321-751-3150 | F:  321-259-4703
jwoodard at brph.com<mailto:jwoodard at brph.com> | www.brph.com

ARCHITECTS | ENGINEERS | CONSTRUCTORS