[Equest-users] Fan Cycling Indication in Detailed Report?

Robby Oylear robbyoylear at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 10:52:41 PST 2012

Michael,

On a recent project I modeled this same situation.  The way I was able to
force the system to only operate during a call for cooling or heating was
by defining a fan schedule with all hours set to 0.  Per the DOE2.2 help
documentation on fan schedules:
-   If the value is 0, the fans are off but may be turned on by
NIGHT-CYCLE-CTRL if zone temperatures warrant it.

Make sure to allow night cycle control (cycle on any).  This basically
defines all hours of the day to be "night" and the fan will cycle on to
meet the load in the space.

Robby Oylear, LEED AP

*Mechanical Project Engineer*

*Senior Energy Analyst*