[Equest-users] eQuest on Mac

Patrick J. O'Leary, Jr. poleary1969 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 07:39:23 PST 2012

i tried this before (a couple of years ago at best) and did not have
much success.  i was able to get equest to run, get into the wizards,
and i think even simulate a project, but i found it rather unstable in
both wizard mode or detailed modes.  i.e. equest crashed frequently.

i ended up buying vmware & windows 2000.  this has proven stable as all
i run in windows 2000 is equest and a couple of manufacturer's selection
software that i need about once a year or two and win2k doesn't have the
overhead of vista or 7.  the only drawback would be having manufacturer
software that i would somehow need that needs a more current version of
windows.

if newer wine/emulators exist & allow equest to run stable on osx 10.6
or 10.7 that would be good to know. i'm pretty sure i was using 10.5
last time i gave the attempt some time.