[Equest-users] Creating Building Shells

Rob Hudson rdh4176 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 13:16:41 PST 2012

I have had some situations where I needed to model an oddly overlapping
building like you are describing.  The solution can be simple if you know
what you are doing and are in design mode of eQuest, not the wizard.  you
can make a roof component for your space and give it its own unique polygon
coordinates.  This will make it so you can have a roof that only takes up a
portion of the roof for that particular space.  The interior adiabatic roof
piece could also be given its own polygon, but not completely necessary, as
leaving it out should result in the same load.

I hope this makes sense to you, and i may be able to get some screen shots
or something a little more detailed if you need it.

Rob H

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 4:01 PM, Garrett Elder <glelder89 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I’m newer to eQuest and I have been working on a very large project and
> have issues with the building shells. I had to create quite a few shells
> for this project, because of atriums and different level set backs causing
> awkward showing roof in several places. Is there anyway to create a shall
> that would have both exposed roof and non-exposed, or could I just make a
> roof for the whole shell and the interior part would be taken care of
> because both above and below would be adiabatic.
>

> Thanks
>
> Garrett

Rob Hudson