[Equest-users] LEED 2009 Energy Performance

Ömer Moltay omoltay at mimtarch.com
Mon Feb 27 13:42:11 PST 2012

Hi Michael,

If you are talking about EAp2 Section 1.4 Tables, it will be asking for
"Building Self-Shading Description". According to Appendix G, the
Baseline should be modeled so that exterior surfaces do not shade each
other, and the Proposed model should be modeled with exterior surfaces
shading each other (to claim credit for solar control due to building
siting and shape).

eQuest takes this kind of shading into account in the properties window
of each exterior surface. The best way to configure this is to switch
into Spreadsheet mode and change the values for all of the surfaces with
the usual paste-move down approach. Could take a very long time if you
have hundreds of surfaces. There should be faster ways, like
automatically replacing the text in the source file.

Cheers,

Omer Moltay, LEED AP BD+C, ASHRAE BEMP, BREEAM Assessor
Mimta EkoYapi
Hekimsuyu Cad. 559. Sk. No:39
34255 Kucukkoy Istanbul Turkey
Tel: 90-212-617-2296