[Equest-users] What should be put the Sensible Ht fraction in SDW?

Vern Smith vernon.a.smith at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 14:17:41 PST 2012

  Hello Jing,

Table 23 in the BARB report includes the estimated annual energy use for
each appliance.  I suggest developing an average sensible and latent
fraction by multiplying the annual energy for each appliance by the its
sensible and latent fractions.  Sum these for all appliances and then
divide the sensible sum and the latent sum by by total annual energy
use.  This should give you representative sensible and latent fractions.

Regards,
Vern

Vernon A. Smith, P.E.
Smith Energy Engineers, LLC