[Equest-users] Weather File for Energy Model Calibration

Sivakumar, Sudheera Sudheera.Sivakumar at stantec.com
Wed Jan 4 10:08:32 PST 2012

Hi Folks
Happy New year. Hope everyone had wonderful holidays.
I am in a process to get a custom weather file for energy model calibration for the MV process for LEED. I have  a custom weather file for the time span August 1st 2010 to July 31st 2011 and ran my energy model and getting weather file error. I have some questions regarding the properties of the weather file,

1.     Does  the weather file need to start from Jan to Dec or can be a full year with starting and ending months different (in my case starting Aug 2010 to July 2011)?

2.     The .bin weather file, from the DOE website, size is 146kb and my custom .bin weather file size is 140kb, does the file size matter and how?

When I run energy model simulation with  the custom .bin file, the simulations runs till dec 17th and then fails and gives me a weather file error, I checked the .csv file I received with my custom file and ensured that data is present for all days.
Any guidance or input is greatly appreciated,

Thank you
Sudheera Sivakumar, EIT, LEED AP(BD +C).
Mechanical Designer
Stantec
stantec.com<http://www.stantec.com/>

The content of this email is the confidential property of Stantec and should not be copied, modified, retransmitted, or used for any purpose except with Stantec's written authorization. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete all copies and notify us immediately.

ü Please consider the environment before printing this email.