[Equest-users] JOB POSTING: Building Energy Modeling Professional

Chris Hadlock cjhadlock at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 07:41:53 PST 2012

Building Energy Modeling Professional         January 22, 2012

If you are looking for a career that empowers you to make a difference, and
believe as we do that the success of a company is forged by the ideas,
attitudes, and ambition of each employee, a tremendous opportunity may be
awaiting you at Fluent Group Consulting Engineers Inc.

Fluent Group is a dynamic, forward-thinking consulting firm dedicated to
implementing innovative design solutions for a sustainable built
environment.  We work with architects, mechanical and electrical designers,
construction teams, and building owners to enhance the performance of
buildings and building systems.  Our services include LEED and energy
performance consulting, energy modeling, renewable energy system design,
building systems commissioning, and the measurement & verification of
actual building performance.  We work on a broad range of projects for an
exciting list of clients.

Due to an increasing demand for our services, we are expanding our team in
Orangeville, Ontario.  We are looking for a hard-working, self-motivated,
independent, intermediate-level professional (engineer or engineering
technologist) to join our Energy Services team.  The successful candidate
will work with some of the most experienced professionals in their
respective fields and should:

-       have a passion for green buildings, sustainable design and
energy-efficiency;

-       have an understanding of HVAC, lighting, and building envelope
systems for commercial and institutional buildings;

-       have energy modeling experience with eQUEST, EE4, or similar
software;

-       enjoy working in a small dynamic consulting environment;

-       be a self-starter and possess the ability to work on a variety of
projects with various scopes.

At a minimum, this position will involve:

-       assessing building designs and preparing recommendations to improve
energy performance and enhance environmental sustainability;

-       developing building energy models to inform design decision-making
and document building performance;

-       leading integrated design meetings and presenting recommendations
to clients and other design professionals;

-       coordinating with architectural, mechanical, and electrical
designers to achieve energy-efficiency goals;

-       researching leading-edge green technologies and practices.

A working knowledge of any of the following software programs would be
considered a definite asset:  AutoCAD, TRNSYS, THERM, EnergyPlus, ESP-r,
HAP, TRACE.  Familiarity with the LEED green building rating system and
ASHRAE standards 90.1 and 189.1 would also be advantageous.

Applicants are requested to submit their resume and a cover letter to
info at fluentgroup.com highlighting their interest in this position and any
relevant experience (academic or otherwise).