[Equest-users] DOAS Supplied AHU air temperature

Fred Betz fbetz at aeieng.com
Fri Jan 27 09:39:53 PST 2012

All,

I'm trying to get an Induction Unit (IU) system to be fed from a VAV DOAS system, but the entering air temperature appears to be coming from the DOAS return (69-74F) as opposed to the supply side (52F). I've tried setting all my fans to relief to ensure that there is no return air. Also, I've tried setting the OA fraction to 1 on all systems with no luck.

I want the cooling coil in the secondary AHU's to be zeroed out so all the zone cooling is done at the IU.

Any thoughts on how to supply the secondary AHU's with ~52F air?

Fred

Fred Betz  PhD., LEED AP
Sustainable Systems Analyst

AEI | AFFILIATED ENGINEERS, INC.
5802 Research Park Blvd. | Madison, WI  53719

P: 608.236.1175 | F: 608.238.2614
fbetz at aeieng.com<mailto:fbetz at aeieng.com>  |  www.aeieng.com<http://www.aeieng.com/>