[Equest-users] How to import 3D model

Wolfe, Brian bwolfe at hksinc.com
Wed Jan 4 06:33:08 PST 2012

I've tried using .gbxml to import 3D models, but the zones did not import correctly.  I've heard that it's best to recreate the model in eQuest.  I am interested in how this DrawBDL 3.0 will work.  I'm sure if there was a way of importing the design model into the energy model, all teams would greatly benefit from the decreased amount of time wasted on rebuilding a model.  This would be a good round table discussion on the best way of importing the design model into an energy model.

Brian Wolfe, CDT, LEED AP BD+C
Sustainable Design Coordinator
HKS  |  Enhancing the Human Experience
If you are sending large files, please use my Thru<https://hks.thruinc.net/drop_box.asp?toemail=bwolfe@hksinc.com> dropbox.