[Equest-users] How to import 3D model

Neil Bulger nbulger at integralgroup.com
Wed Jan 4 09:14:12 PST 2012

Try looking at GreenspaceLIVE. This plugin for google sketchup for exporting gbXML file formats. The light weight plugin can rapidly decrease the time to draw geometry for use in multiple programs. I have exported files from here to eQuest, EnergyPro, Trace and EnergyPlus.  The tool is not without its flaws and we have been working to best understand the errors Autodesks GBS throws at us with the translation process to inp.

The big draw of this workflow model is the ability to push geometry to several tools and setup skill sets that can grow as energy modeling shifts to energyplus. The tool was free for a while but now has a monthly fee. 30 day trials are available though.

http://openrevit.com/2011/08/green-spaces-live-free-gbxml-tool/

Neil Bulger
I N T E G R A L
                          GROUP