[Equest-users] why more heating usage with evaporative cooler

Keith Swartz kswartz at ecw.org
Mon Jan 9 09:47:51 PST 2012

Yitian,

Is the evaporative cooler also controlling the humidity during the heating season? If so, that might explain it. More heating would be needed to compensate for the cooling effect of adding cold moisture to the airstream.

________________________________
Keith Swartz, P.E., LEED AP

Energy Engineer / Senior Project Manager
Energy Center of Wisconsin
455 Science Drive, Suite 200, Madison, WI 53711
Phone: 608.238.8276 x123
Fax: 608.238.0523

The Buildings Team
Design decisions through energy, economics and emissions analysis.
www.ecw.org/Buildings<http://www.ecw.org/Buildings>

Energy Center University
Your gateway to sustainable design training and online education programs.
www.ecw.org/university/<http://www.ecw.org/university/>