[Equest-users] light tubes and light wells

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Tue Jan 24 09:31:24 PST 2012

Umesh/Norm:

An extra thought:   Don't count on daylight moving between/across
spaces... If your window is in roof surface that's a child of a plenum
space, I believe the light will only be measurable in the plenum for
daylighting control purposes.

An approach for detailed mode that may be instructive for core spaces
remote from the exterior:  If your core space does not already have an
exterior surface defined, you will want to create one to host the
window.  It could be a wall/roof... don't think it really matters.  Play
with this exterior surface's location/dimensions/orientation until it is
situated above and parallel to your roof surface above, then create a
window within this remote exterior surface.  Light should then "jump" to
the core space, bypassing any plenums or other spaces along the way.

Best of luck!

~Nick

NICK CATON, P.E.

SENIOR ENGINEER