[Equest-users] Exterior insulation vs Exterior with Cavity insulation

nic ffonics at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 13:49:29 PST 2012

Sorry that I wasn't more clear, but I am questioning the major decrease in
energy performance between the baseline and the ALT 1 of 8%.  The U-value
difference is about 0.003, so I would expect a much smaller decrease around
0-0.5%.  THe problem I am having is with the exterior only application of
ALT 1 vs exterior and cavity fill insulation in the baseline.

ie. 90.1 Baseline is R13 fill + R7.5 continuous insulation
ALT 1 is R0 fill + R12 continuous insulation. (very common installation)

Thanks,
nic