[Equest-users] Auxiliary Energy Savings

Kelsey Van Tassel KVanTassel at sustaineng.com
Fri Jan 27 09:23:26 PST 2012

>From the DOE-2.2 Help:

Pumps & Auxiliary includes "all pumping energy, all energy defined using any auxiliary energy keywords (such as for a boiler, chiller, or furnace), crankcase heat of DX equipment, and humidification energy."

In my case, I have a building that uses air-source heat pumps in the baseline and geothermal heat pumps in the proposed. The reports show savings under Pumps & Aux for the proposed because the geothermal heat pumps do not have crankcase heaters even though there is additional pumping energy.

Kelsey Van Tassel
Project Engineer | kvantassel at sustaineng.com<mailto:kvantassel at sustaineng.com>
608.836.4488 ext. 20 | Fax: 608.836.4477
[cid:image003.jpg at 01CCDCE6.168F2350]
Sustainable Engineering Group
901 Deming Way, Suite 201
Madison, WI 53717