[Equest-users] Factory Building with Refrigeration

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Mon Jan 30 12:30:29 PST 2012

Hey Jeremy!

Saw this post today and what weird timing... I have another unique/interesting scenario for a project on the horizon your advice/experience seems perfect for:  A penguin exhibit for the local zoo!

Will have multiple zones targeting 46-48F.  This model is primarily to explore different options with regard to just what equipment really makes sense from the outset and over the long term - a ground source wellfield is on the table as a definite option, and I gather our design team is very open to using entirely separate systems for the "cool" (68-70) vs. "cold" (46-48) zones.

Do you think design temps in the mid-high 40's might still crunch out alright with the regular eQuest version?  I'm really not sure what to expect in the way of system options to be tossed at me, but it would help to have a solid understanding of the limitations moving forward...  I think I'd prefer to stick with the tools I'm most familiar with if they remain feasible for the task at hand.

Jeff/Scott:  Copying you gurus per Jeremy's advice - any thoughts?

Thanks fellas!

~Nick

NICK CATON, P.E.

SENIOR ENGINEER