[Equest-users] Thermal Storage and a Report Generator Error

Demian Vonder Kuhlen demianvk at gb-eng.com
Fri Jul 13 08:33:33 PDT 2012

I have a question regarding the implementation of a Thermal Storage Tank
(Plant Equipment Part1 snippet) and report generator errors.  I am making
the assumption that the addition of the thermal storage is creating the
error because if I take the TES out of the model and reconfigure the
equipment as seen the snippet, Plant Equipment Part2, below all of the
errors disappear and I get a complete .sim report.  I must have a setting
in the TES input that is out of DOE2's bounds but I cannot figure out what
it is.

Plant Equipment Part1:
[image: Inline image 1]
The above plant configuration gives the error in the .sim file, see below:

 ***ERROR***********************************************************************
            Report generator error reading data record:
            Record total length =***** Iuniq = ***** Command =     1
            Format = ***** number of values rec len =*****

Plant Equipment Part2:
[image: Inline image 2]

Thank you for your time,
--

*Demian Vonder Kuhlen, **CEPE*

*Energy & Building Performance Engineer*

*(P) 707.523.3010 x310*

 **

*GUTTMANN* *& **BLAEVOET *Consulting Engineers**

San Francisco | Sacramento | Santa Rosa
<http://gb-eng.com/page/Contact> | Walnut
Creek <http://gb-eng.com/page/Contact> | Website <http://www.gb-eng.com/>

* *

*HVAC, Plumbing, Fire Protection, Electrical, Lighting,
Telecom/Technology<http://gb-eng.com/page/services>
*

*New and Existing Building Commissioning, Energy & Building Performance
Modeling <http://gb-eng.com/page/services>*