[Equest-users] eQUEST on an iPad?

Brad Huff BradH at BVHis.com
Tue Jul 3 13:16:40 PDT 2012

Vikram,

I have dabbled using a cloud based App from my phone to access eQuest on a desktop. I have found that is not very useful unless you are solely using it to show final results. Building a model would be very tough (if not impossible because of the touch screen limitations) and time consuming. However, to answer your question, yes it is possible. The link to the App is below:

http://www.splashtop.com/home

Brad Huff, EIT, LEED AP BD+C, Mechanical Engineer I BVH Integrated Services, Inc.
50 Griffin Road South, Bloomfield, CT 06002 I 860.286.9171
One Gateway Center, Suite 701, Newton, MA 02458 I 617.658.9008
bvhis.com<http://www.bvhis.com/> I twitter.com/bvhis <www.twitter.com/bvhis >

From: Jeff Ross-Bain [mailto:jeff at rbgb.com]
Sent: Monday, July 02, 2012 4:47 PM
To: 'Sami, Vikram'; equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Subject: Re: [Equest-users] eQUEST on an iPad?

Vikram -

My IT guy is touting a scheme where an iPad (or similar device) can be used to access a remote, cloud based computer resulting in the ability to "drive" that computer from your iPad. It is kind of like a "Go to My Computer" arrangement but based out of a dedicated data center (I do not know all the ins and outs). Equest would not need to be loaded on the iPad - but as long as you have internet, you can have Equest. In fact, almost all computing needs can be organized that way and all that's needed is the iPad.

I will let you know what develops...

Regards -

Jeff Ross-Bain, PE, LEED AP BD+C, BEMP
Principal