[Equest-users] Unexpected Custom SHGC Results

Chris Jones cj at enersave.ca
Sun Jul 15 08:53:39 PDT 2012

I can think of a number of reasons why you might see an increase in
cooling and fan "load".  Without spending some time looking at the
input/output, it is pretty hard for me to offer any definite
opinion.  I know for myself, it is generally an input assumption I
hadn't considered, not a flaw on the modelling program.

For doing analysis on an existing building, you want to make sure
your inputs are not defaulting and that the model somewhat matches
the building.