[Equest-users] Equest DOE 2.2 prototypes or model needed

Peter Baumstark pbaumstark at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 21 11:23:08 PDT 2012

I don't have prototype models handy, but in the past, I've gotten the folks that
maintain the DEER database to send them to me.  A few years back, the DEER folks
mentioned they'd eventually be available for download, but I haven't seen that
happen yet.  If you contact the DEER folks and they send you models, let me
know, since I know there's certain parameters within them that can't be
changed.  It's difficult to explain in an e-mail, but I can walk you through it.

Another route would be to build prototype models based on DEER data since
they've spent an awful lot of time developing parameters to go into prototypes.
The way the parameters are laid out in the DEER documentation, it wouldn't take
too long to build prototypes in eQUEST.

Navigate to the DEER site:

http://www.energy.ca.gov/deer/

(a couple of hyperlink clicks from this site will get you to DEER)

Download the 2005 Final Report in MS Word format with references.  This will
give you the final report with Excel spreadsheets quantifying the various
parameters that went into constructing the representative models.  Also
included, in chapter 6, are summary explanations of the various prototypes.

Download the update reports for the 2008 and 2011 revisions that include changes
made to the 2005 building prototypes.

If you're looking at projects outside of California, you'd probably want to
determine whether to change parameters such as lighting density.

Hope this helps.

Pete Baumstark
San Jose, CA