[Equest-users] Weather Data Files

Joe Huang yjhuang at whiteboxtechnologies.com
Wed Jul 25 10:51:16 PDT 2012

Christina,

The eQUEST web site provides a utility program that converts from the
EnergyPlus *.EPW format to the DOE-2 *.BIN format used in eQUEST.  It's
a very simple one-shot process, and you don't need any other
procedures.  I think the PDF to which you referred is talking about
customizing an existing weather file, not converting a weather file from
another format, e.g., EPW, to what eQUEST uses.

Joe

On 7/25/2012 9:46 AM, Christina Gerometta wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to convert real time hourly weather files (taken from the
> energyplus request site) into a .bin file to use in eQuest. I have
> been referencing the instructions:
>
> http://bepan.info/yahoo_site_admin/assets/docs/7_-_Customizing_eQUEST_Weather_Data_by_Jeff_Hirsch.138125735.pdf
>
> However, the instructions refer to an excel document that I cannot
> find. I did find one here (Item 12):
>
> http://bepan.info/weather
>
> But I am not sure if this will work. Does anyone have an easier
> approach? Any advice would be much appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
> Christina

Joe Huang White Box Technologies, Inc. 346 Rheem Blvd., Suite 108D
Moraga, CA 94556 (o) (925)388-0265 (c) (510)928-2683
www.whiteboxtechnologies.com "Building energy simulations at your
fingertips"