[Equest-users] Plenum Space temperature

Uday Gorre u_k_gorre at ateindia.com
Fri Jun 1 04:28:05 PDT 2012

All;
When simulating a building with a "plenum" (unconditioned or plenum), and
changing the roof absorptance greatly, the auto-sized design air flow does
NOT seem to change in the zone below, even though the ZONE SIZING-OPTION =
ADJUST-LOADS.
Raising the DESIGN-COOL-T  from the 82.5 F (Conditioned zone) to 84.5 F
(plenum) and 87.5 F (Roof) increases the design airflow in the zone below
auto sized air flow variation is visible. The problem seems to persist
whether I have a cooling design day or not, and whatever I do with the LOADS
SPACE "TEMPERATUREs" and ZONE DESIGN-COOL-Ts.

Any insights out there? Anyone else notice this behavior.
May main doubts are
1.      How to estimate plenum SPACE "TEMPERATUREs" and ZONE DESIGN-COOL-Ts
2.      How to estimate under roof (unconditioned space) SPACE
"TEMPERATUREs" and ZONE DESIGN-COOL-Ts
Please find attached building model .
Thanks and regards
Uday..