[Equest-users] Is fan power an input?

tim tim.jrga at fuse.net
Fri Jun 8 12:31:42 PDT 2012

Hi All

Filling out table C1.4 for LEED v3 and they ask for the fan power input.

I have heard a lot of talk about the fan power being a calculation.

So, my question is - Is fan power a model input or a calculation made
separate from the model or both?

And why is fan power "n/a" in this screen?

I would think eQuest could calculate the power based on the cfm entered in
the wizard.

Also, what is the difference between "total system fan power (conditioned)"
and "total supply power"

I assume this would be for systems that have return fans which I don't quite
understand why you would need a return fan, but it doesn't matter all that
much that I don't understand because I don't have any. at least I don't
think I do - lol

Thanks,

Timothy W. Hill

tim.JRGA at fuse.net