[Equest-users] VAV with electric heat coil

Pasgar, Arash APasgar at dbrinc.com
Tue Jun 12 07:58:44 PDT 2012

Hi All,

I am trying to model a package roof top VAV unit with electric heat coil.

At system level heating I selected:

System type: Pkgd Var Val
Heat source: furnace
Zone heat source: Electric (each zone has a VAV with electric heat coil, EAT=55, LAT=85)
Heating capacity:-220 MBH (same as my mech sch. For RTVAV)

At zone level I think I have to enter heating capacity or reheat delta T, but both of them are n/a.
How can I get this one fix?

On my previous model, I modeled the electric heat coil as a baseboard in each zone!!!
I am not sure if I did it correctly because at the end my space heating on baseline was very low compare to proposed and made energy saving percent equal to -97%.

Thanks in advance for your help

Arash Pasgar
Mechanical Designer

v. 210.546.0200 | www.dbrinc.com