[Equest-users] Projecting Balconies in Baseline Model

Gurneet Singh gurneet at edsglobal.com
Wed Jun 6 22:49:45 PDT 2012

Dear Omer,

I would model the balcony in both baseline and proposed case as I feel
adding a balcony is more of a functional requirement rather than a shading
requirement. As per ASHRAE the building shall be modeled so that it does
not shade itself, so I would model the balcony but make the self shading
off or heat transmittance as 1.

Regards

Gurneet Singh
Director

Environmental Design Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
D-1/25, Vasant Vihar, New Delhi 110057

[m] +91 9899240140    [t] +91 11 2614 7085    [f] +91 11 4056 8633
gurneet at edsglobal.com <dharashah at edsglobal.com> | www.edsglobal.com