[Equest-users] Unmet heating hours and space loads don't match up

Howe, Timothy Timothy.Howe at stantec.com
Fri Jun 8 06:56:08 PDT 2012

Kristy,

You are using "Single Zone Reheat" as the system type for RTU-4-2 and others and you have multiple conditioned zones on the system.  This will not work.  When using a single zone system (whether it be PSZ or SZRH) you specify a control zone.  This control zone tells the unit what temperature to supply the air at.  If you put two conditioned zones on one single zone system the non-control zone will be subject to the whims of the control zone.  Hence the large amount of unmet load hours in E5 NNW Perim Zn (G.NNW1). Either combine the zones into one zone (Really it is one zone even if there is a wall separating them) or if there are some other reason why they can control the supply air temp independently you will need to select a different system type or create two systems.

Tim.

Timothy Howe, MS, LEED® AP BD+C
Mechanical Engineer
Stantec
61 Commercial Street
Rochester NY 14614
Ph:   (585) 413-5347
Fx:   (585) 272-1814
Cell: (585) 330-8681
stantec.com<http://www.stantec.com>

The content of this email is the confidential property of Stantec and should not be copied, modified, retransmitted, or used for any purpose except with Stantec's written authorization. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete all copies and notify us immediately.

ü Please consider the environment before printing this email.