[Equest-users] Revert efficiencies to autosize from detailed?

Nathan Miller nathanm at rushingco.com
Tue Jun 12 13:37:44 PDT 2012

Laura,

Many questions here, so I will try to respond succinctly to each, but
forgive me if I am a little short on details.

1)      eQUEST WILL NOT default to the proper 90.1 baseline efficiency or
fan power for your systems. You need to look up the appropriate EER (or
COP, or whatever) and convert it to the proper EIR (unitless) efficiency
to input in eQUEST. However, to further complicate things, if the 90.1
baseline efficiency includes system fan-power, you need to separate out
that fanpower from the EIR rating and input the fanpower separately. There
has been much discussion of this even in the past week on the forums, so I
recommend doing some searches for "separating fan power" or the like.

2)      Yes, use the defined 90.1 Appendix G baseline even if local code
is more stringent. Consider it a nice little bonus of working on projects
with strict energy codes.

3)      System 4 (PSZ-HP) should have constant volume fans. You are taking
a penalty if they were made variable speed in the baseline.

4)      You can edit the project name by opening the .inp file in a text
editor, and changing the "Title" field. Then save the .inp, reopen in
eQUEST and it should be good to go.

Nathan Miller, PE, LEED AP BD+C

Mechanical Engineer/Senior Energy Analyst

O 206-285-7100 | D 206-788-4577

 <http://www.rushingco.com/> www.rushingco.com