[Equest-users] BEPU Fan power versus sum of fan powers from SS-L

Turner, Erik eturner at DLRGROUP.com
Mon Jun 25 11:45:43 PDT 2012

In my baseline system I'm able to add up all the supply / return fan
powers from report SS-L to match the value in BEPU for ventilation fans.

An alternative being modeled adds a DOAS system, which after finding
some great articles on this forum I've modeled as a PSZ unit serving a
dummy zone, with heat recovery on all the units being served. I'm using
the HVAC Supply/Return option for ERV power, which should put the
additional pressure loss onto the supply/return fans. Trouble is when I
try to sum up the supply and return fans in the alternative model, it is
much less than the value that is produced from the BEPU (I am including
the new DOAS unit - which shows up properly in the SS-L). Any thoughts
on where I can track down all the components being summed into the value
for BEPU?

Thanks!

Erik