[Equest-users] Boundary condition for a seismic gap

David Eldridge DEldridge at grummanbutkus.com
Thu Jun 28 05:34:32 PDT 2012

Your descriptions sound as if these are two existing buildings. Can you drop a data logger in there? (Real question: and get it back...)

Temperature measurements might help you decide if the gap should be modeled as an unconditioned room, or else model the building wall as an exterior surface but without direct solar exposure.

Without any measurements, try both and see how it matches your calibration data.

Despite the lack of view, are there any windows?

DSE Mobile