[Equest-users] VRF system in eQUEST

Robby Oylear robbyoylear at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 08:40:20 PDT 2012

Following the equations in the EnergySoft VRF Application it is possible to
do spreadsheet calculations that match EnergyPro's results very closely.
 In our experience, at least in applications with limited heat recovery
opportunity, the air-cooled PVVT system matches the results of the VRF
equations quite closely without any additional calculations.  The ECM to
apply the Energy Soft VRF equations usually only shows an additional
savings of 0.4% total building energy use.

This all assumes that EnergySoft's equations are correct.  I haven't seen
any data that shows that these equations have been calibrated to actual VRF
energy use.

Robby Oylear, PE, LEED AP

*Mechanical Engineer*

*Senior Energy Analyst*