[Equest-users] ASHRAE 90.1 Appendix G ventilation when fan cycling

Bishop, Bill bbishop at pathfinder-ea.com
Tue Mar 6 14:01:41 PST 2012

I seem to recall that, when fans are cycled during unoccupied periods per G3.1.2.4, ventilation should be zero - at least in the baseline. I have done this before in eQUEST by setting a MIN-AIR-SCH to zero during unoccupied hours. I can't find any reference to this requirement in Appendix G. However, in the mandatory provisions section 6.4.3.4.3 Shutoff Damper Controls, "Ventilation outdoor air dampers shall be capable of automatically shutting off during preoccupancy building warm-up, cool down, and setback..." (There are exceptions I'm not listing.) Is the general rule that Appendix G and/or LEED models have zero ventilation during unoccupied periods?

Thanks,
Bill

[cid:image001.png at 01CCFBB8.1C8F0130]<mailto:wbishop at pathfinder-ea.com>