[Equest-users] A weird error, Roof error

Jimmy Law lawchh at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 23:12:41 PDT 2012

Dear, all

I am modeling an office building but a error came up by saying "Roof" = CONSTRUCTION. A PARENT SPACE must be defined before you can define this EXTERIOR-WALL" in the BDL load file process as below. It was weird that eQuest said "There are no more BDL errors" after I click "close" in the BDL Load file log and therefore I could not locate the error by the BDL Error Manager.

I have checked the inp and pd2 file and tried to delete some shells in the front, but not yet find any help. Can anyone help me to solve this error?

Thank you.

Regards,
Jimmy
Jimmy Ching Hin LAW
Mechanical engineer, LEED Green Associate