[Equest-users] Modeling a non-existing cooling system

Eric Hethcoat EHethcoat at lsapa.com
Fri Mar 9 14:14:59 PST 2012

Correct me if I'm wrong but systems 10 and 11 wouldn't be applicable in
his case as his vehicle bay is not of the type that is supposed to be
used in system 10/11.  "Thermal zones designed with heating only systems
in the proposed design, serving storage rooms, stairwells, vestibules,
electrical/mechanical rooms, and restrooms not exhausting or
transferring air from mechanically cooled thermal zones in the proposed
design shall use System type 10 or 11 in the baseline building design."

I've got a similar project that instead of vehicle bays I have heavy
truck maintenance bays/repair bays + office space for the Corp of
Engineers.  They have determined that system types 10/11 can't be used
as they don't qualify due to room classifications.

Jeff - I think you might be stuck just like me trying to model cooling
in both baseline and proposed models.

Regards,

Eric
Eric Hethcoat, P.E.
Partner
Latimer, Sommers & Associates, P.A.
3639 SW Summerfield Dr., Suite A
Topeka, KS  66614
c.  913.481.3256
w.  785.233.3232
f.  785.233.0647
ehethcoat at lsapa.com

This message and any attachments included here-in, are solely for the
intended recipient and may contain confidential or privileged
information.  If you are not the intended recipient, any review,
disclosure, copying, use, forwarding, or distribution of the information
included in this message and any attachments is prohibited.  If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the sender by reply
e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this message and any
attachments.  Thank you.