[Equest-users] User Expression set up for cooling capacity

Kevin Madison kevinm at madisonengineeringps.com
Wed May 2 14:56:54 PDT 2012

Instead of setting SYSTEM:COOLING-CAPACITY, set ZONE:COOLING-CAPACITY
with this expression and it should work. SPACE is a directly referenced
command from the ZONE command, not the SYSTEM command. Do not input
anything for SYSTEM:COOLING-CAPACITY. PTAC is a zonal system. Each zone
underneath a SYSTEM of TYPE = PTAC gets its own system. All capacity
inputs at the SYSTEM command for PTAC only serve as defaults for the
individual zonal systems. So if your capacity varies by each individual
PTAC, which this expression implies, then COOLING-CAPACITY should be
input at the ZONE.

Kevin