[Equest-users] Gas INFRA-RED Radiant

Dennis Hunt dhunt at summitbe.com
Fri May 25 11:03:06 PDT 2012

Arash,

I've used the following approaches to model overheat gas radiant heating
systems.

Since doe-2 does not have models for heating that is predominantly radiant
in nature; the assumption I use for the heating models are that the
predominant gain mechanism is convection.

I assume the system is well modeled by using a heating coil in the space,
such as a baseboard system (which has no flow).

If the heater is constant output when on then you could use a reset
controlled baseboard with a flat output relation.

If they are space temperature controlled then you use thermostat control.
Both would be good models.

If control is variable based on people sense of comfort then you need a
relationship between space temperature and comfort and then alter the
thermostat schedule to match that relation.

Dennis

Dennis Hunt

Mechanical Engineer

Summit Building Engineering