[Equest-users] eQuest Model problems

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Wed May 30 16:17:08 PDT 2012

Hi Jamie,

SS-R reports indicate most of your systems are running full-throttle whenever they operate, which suggests a capacity disconnect (airflow/heating/cooling) with the loads in play.

Default out your cooling and heating capacities, allowing eQuest to auto-size your systems*.  Doing so, I observe unmet hours reigning in to within reason (3% net), and the SV-A reports will serve as a reference for how large eQuest thinks your systems should be.  From here you have a frame of reference (the SV-A reports) to evaluate system-by-system and zone-by-zone and correct/adjust your model inputs to agree with what your load calcs have determined for system sizing.

~Nick

*Note for the developers:  Interesting quirk - one cannot default out total cooling capacity without first defaulting out sensible... is that... sensible?  (badum-tsss!)

[cid:489575314 at 22072009-0ABB]

NICK CATON, P.E.
SENIOR ENGINEER

Smith & Boucher Engineers