[Equest-users] connecting heat pump to ground heat exchanger

Madjid Madjidi madjidi at web.de
Thu Nov 8 02:15:05 PST 2012

Dear experts,

I learned now by "try and error" when defining water side HVAC system components

it is better (or maybe even a must) to start with the definition of circulation loops.

I have to connect the heating coil of a VAV sytem to a geothermal heat pump. Therefore,

I define two circulation loops: one for the condenser side connected to the air heating coil and

another one for connecting the evaporater side to the ground heat exchanger. Now I come

to my problem: which is the adequate chiller option in equest which I should use ?

Remember, I want to use the heat pump as a heat generator. When I select the heat pump

I do not (!) get the option to connect it to the first loop mentioned above.

Same problem exists for the so called loop to loop heat pump. I am trying to solve

the problem by myself since many days. Can you urgently help me, please ?

Thank you in advance and with best regards

Matt