[Equest-users] Taking into account wind on building surface

Patrick Keeney 38keeney at cardinalmail.cua.edu
Wed Nov 28 10:21:17 PST 2012

Hey All,

I was hoping someone could clarify whether or not eQuest takes into account
the wind load placed on the exterior surface of the building.  I know that
the direction, speed, and temperature of the prevailing breezes are
included in the weather file, but am unsure as to whether or not this data
is included on heat transfer through the building envelope.

The case in point is a large facade directly aligned with the winter
prevailing breezes of our site and whether or not this heat transfer is
being accounted for on the surface.

Any and all help is much appreciated.
Thanks.

--