[Equest-users] Enthalpy Wheel Bypass

Bishop, Bill bbishop at pathfinder-ea.com
Fri Nov 9 06:13:04 PST 2012

Hi Seth,

I suggest you create custom hourly reports. The screen shot below shows the hourly selections that I think will help answer your question. The "Ratio of outside air to total supply air" should tell you when your economizer is active. I'm not sure what "Outside fan power (kW)" is so it may or may not be helpful. I believe "ERV Power of integral fans (kWh)" will be your extra ERV fan energy whether you have SELF-CONTAINED fans or penalize the main air handler fans with additional static pressure, but I'm not sure of this. If you find that you always have the fan  energy penalty, one thing you can try is to change the ERV-CAP-CTRL to BYPASS-EXHAUST. Additionally, you can combine the static pressure or ERV fan power for both the make-up and exhaust sides and entire the value on the exhaust side only. That way, when the ERV bypasses exhaust, all the fan power or extra static pressure should be removed as well. (Note - I haven't tried this before.) Let us know what you find out.

Regards,
Bill