[Equest-users] Calibrated model in Canada - Weather files?

Shaun Martin smartin at shaunmartinconsulting.com
Mon Nov 19 11:43:57 PST 2012

Hi Daniel,

My usual approach to this problem is to create my own in a spreadsheet. Then
use a macro to generate a correctly formatted text file and the DOE2 weather
utilities to convert it to bin format. You can download the weather years
you want at http://climate.weatheroffice.gc.ca/climateData/canada_e.html .
Weather office data doesn't match the CTMY data fields, of course, but it
usually gives you the most important ones, depending on the weather station:
DB, dewpoint, RH and wind speed and direction.  The worst omission is the
solar data, but I use the CWEC data to give me reasonable numbers.

It takes a bit of time but it's worked well on a number of projects
(including a pool facility that had a 100% OA system).

Shaun

Shaun Martin LEED AP
Principal
Shaun Martin Consulting