[Equest-users] ERV Impact

Robby Oylear robbyoylear at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 12:56:29 PST 2012

Examine your ERV-TEMP-CTRL setpoint.  If it's set to float you can end up
overshooting your mixed air temperature setpoint and having to recool the
air.

Also, ERV-RUN-CTRL should be set to WHEN-MIN-OA or one of the
OA-EXHAUST-DT/DH options for maximum energy savings.

That being said, eQUEST's ERV algoirthm has never given me good results.
I've had a lot of trouble showing savings and have experienced similar
issues as you describe.

Check your hourly reports for the system.  There are a number of parameters
related to ERV's that you can monitor and check to see if its working as
intended.

[image: Inline image 2]