[Equest-users] On site renewable energy NC v2.2

Busman, Michael R MBusman at chevron.com
Mon Oct 1 06:28:47 PDT 2012

I seem to recall that the PV inputs in eQUEST can be quite overwhelming.

I agree with Nick that an outside software tool should be used.  RETScreen is a very good tool, however, it will give you annual production totals.  Another approach is to use an online tool such as PV Watts.  It requires minimal inputs and you can download hourly production numbers.  These could be dropped into an hourly report spreadsheet along with time of use rates to obtain the net hourly electricity used or exported as well as cost.  The value of each kWh exported might be valued differently.  You could also use the hourly spreadsheet to calculate the peak demand offset monthly from PV generation.

Mike Busman

Michael R. Busman, CEM
Lead Project Engineer II

Chevron Energy Solutions
A Division of Chevron U.S.A., Inc.
145 S. State College Blvd.
Brea, CA  92821
Direct  714-671-3561
Fax     714-671-3438
eFax   866-420-0335 (Include my Full Name followed by "CAI:MHTZ" on Cover Sheet)
Mobile 310-387-2083
mbusman at chevron.com<mailto:mbusman at chevron.com>