[Equest-users] Still problem with weather file conversion .epw to .bin

marcel gomez marcel614 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 00:22:48 PDT 2012

Dear Equest users,

I am new user of Equest and I have the old problem of weather files
conversion to .epw to .bin, since I need the weather file of Madrid
(Spain). I have followed very carefully all the indications of the previous
forum messages, but I still have the same problem:Invalid filename message.
If anyone can help me I would really appreciate, since this forum is my
only source of Equest knowlege, since Equest is scarely used in Spain......

I describe the methodology followed.

   - I downloaded the EPW conversor program and installed in C/Program
   archives (x86)/equest 364/
   - I have made a cut/copy, not following extracting path, since I have
   problems.
   - It is commened that a folder called eQ_WthProc_EPWtoDOE2bin is created
   automatically. In my case it is not. Maybe this is the source of the
   problem?
   - *I have deleted .ini file*
   - I have created subfolder to place .bin files in EPW folder
   - I open the processor folder and the conversor program. I select Madrid
   epw file as a source (placed in EPW folder created when installing the
   comversor program, or in Equest data archives, doesn't matter). I select
   the new created .bin folder into EPW folder to place the new archive (see
   picture)
   -
   -
   - [image: Imágenes integradas 1]

And still invalid filename error......... I really don't know the reason, I
have all tried. Even to do it in another laptop.

If anyone can help me I would be really grateful!!

Kind regards,

Marcel Gómez

Marcel Gómez Consultoria Ambiental
www.marcelgomez.com