[Equest-users] Help Wanted

Stan Wagner swagner at group14eng.com
Fri Oct 12 13:22:17 PDT 2012

*Group14 Engineering* (www.group14eng.com) has a position available for a
mechanical engineer with 3-5 years of modeling experience. Below is a recap
of the qualifications and responsibilities, as well as how to send your
resume.

*Move to beautiful Colorado and join our thriving company!*

*Building Energy Engineer*

We are hiring a self-motivated, creative, and experienced Building Energy
Engineer with excellent technical, project management, and written & verbal
communication skills. We are looking for an individual with a strong
commitment to energy efficiency, customer service and a responsible work
ethic.

Qualifications:
• Minimum of three years professional experience in energy modeling of
commercial buildings for LEED *(very important!)*
• Undergraduate degree in mechanical, electrical, or architectural
engineering (PE is preferred, but EIT is acceptable) and LEED accreditation
• Proficiency in performing building energy simulation and analyzing
results with tools such as DOE2 (eQuest), EnergyPlus, IES, Ecotect, and
RETScreen
• Experience managing projects
• Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office products, especially spreadsheet
and word processing tools

Key responsibilities:
• As part of the design team, analyze effectiveness and provide input on
energy conservation and renewable energy strategies, and make
recommendations for cost effective improvements
• Develop computer modeling of energy, daylighting and thermal performance
of buildings and building assemblies, and communicate analysis results in
written reports
• Coordinate the energy analysis process with architectural design teams,
and update energy simulations as the design progresses
• Perform ASHRAE 62 calculations for outdoor air requirements
• Prepare modeling reports and calculations for LEED submissions
• Review design documents (plans, specifications, shop drawings) as they
are developed to ensure that the intended energy efficiency measures are
being incorporated into the design
• Design and execute monitoring plans to analyze the performance of new and
existing buildings
• Knowledge of heat transfer, thermodynamics and building systems (e.g.
HVAC and lighting) field, preferably in a small business setting

Please include the following in your correspondence:
A. A cover letter that includes an overview of your key strengths, both
professionally and personally.
B. Your resume.
C. Any additional information you feel is beneficial in our understanding
of you and your work

Please include "Energy Engineer" in the subject line and email Stan Wagner
– swagner at group14eng.com. Successful applicants will be called to schedule
a phone interview. After a successful phone interview, an in-person
interview will be scheduled which will include a writing test and
demonstration of computer proficiency.

* *

*Stan Wagner, Business Manager*

*Group14 Engineering, Inc.  -  **[20 years of] **Inspiring better buildings.
*

1325 East 16th Avenue, Denver, Colorado 80218

Direct: 720-221-1081 / Main: 303-861-2070 / Mobile: 303-618-5080

www.group14eng.com

WBE / DBE / SBE Certified