[Equest-users] Some cases in eQuest modeling

Chris Jones cj at enersave.ca
Mon Oct 8 07:59:20 PDT 2012

For the WSHP and RTU issue:
1.  Create a "dummy space/zone".  Set the design space/zone
temperature at the design supply air temperature of the RTU.  Create
the RTU and assign this dummy zone to that new system.

2.  In each WSHP zone, specify OA-FROM-SYSTEM to point to the RTU
serving the dummy zone.  Not perfect but it works well enough for
most applications.

No comment on the other two issues.

>Dear Friends,
>
>Can you please guide me on following cases:
>
>1.       In one Project We have different WSHP (Water Source heat
>Pump) units serving to three floors and there is one RTU which
>supplies ventilation air to WSHP units. I can model WSHP units in
>eQuest but how to model this RTU as it is not separate system?
>
>2.       In other Project We have combination of three AHUs - with
>only Chilled water coils (Two working + One Stand by) and one
>Precoil unit with Chilled water coils which supplies fresh air to
>these set of AHUs. What I had done is modeled combined capacity of
>AHUs (with adding cfm of both AHUs) for the area served, but then
>here is also question; how to model precoil unit?
>
>3.       We have Office areas which are served by AHUs as well as
>there is split AC in each office. as per my knowledge we can model
>only One HVAC system for single zone in eQuest or is there any other
>way where I can assign these systems and can model it?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Nimesh Prajapati

Christopher Jones, P.Eng.
Suite 1801, 1 Yonge Street