[Equest-users] creating performance curves

Brian Fountain bfountain at greensim.com
Wed Oct 31 19:54:40 PDT 2012

See attached cooltools spreadsheet.

From: equest-users-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org
[mailto:equest-users-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org] On Behalf Of Behnam
Jowkar
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 4:21 PM
To: equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Subject: [Equest-users] creating performance curves

Hi guys,

I'm trying to create chiller part load EIR curves based on manufacturer
data. I have part load (25%, 50%, 75%, 100%) as the independent variables
(X), and part load EIRs as the dependent variable (Z). The part load EIRs
from manufacturer are much better than what I get when I use default EQUEST
curve. But when I run the model and compare with same model with default
curve, my chiller electrical energy consumption is increased significantly
(with the manufacturer data). Has anyone been able to successfully create
performance curves, or does anyone know of any documentation that might
explain how to properly create these curves? Any help is greatly
appreciated.

Regards,

Behnam

--

Behnam Jowkar, MASc
Energy Services Associate

Fluent Group Consulting Engineers Inc.

295A Broadway Avenue, Second Floor

P.O. Box 188, Orangeville, Ontario, L9W 2Z6

t 888.358.3683 x704  f 866.620.7502  c 519.938.7657

www.fluentgroup.com