[Equest-users] VRV/VRF performance curves

Mednick, Alexander amednick at noresco.com
Tue Sep 4 15:11:25 PDT 2012

Hello all,

I am attempting to model a VRV heat recovery (~120,000 Btuh) system and
am running into the road block of performance and capacity curves based
on entering WB temp, OA DB temp, and compressor RPM.  I am using a PVVT
air source system with a variable speed compressor as a surrogate.  I
tried leaving the default curves but ended up getting results which
appeared far too small.  Would anyone who has successfully modelled one
of these systems be willing to share what they used for curve
coefficients or the information I would need to find my own?

Thanks for the help,

Alex

Alexander Mednick
Associate Energy Engineer