[Equest-users] How to sizing HVAC capacities?

Rodrigo Cerqueira rodrigo.cerqueira at mra.qc.ca
Mon Sep 10 12:19:52 PDT 2012

Hi everyone,

I’m a beginner eQuest user and I did not understand very well the G3.1.2.2
“Equipment Capacities”. It’s says that “the ratio between the capacities
used in the annual simulations and the capacities determined by the sizing
runs shall be 1.15 for cooling and 1.25 for heating”. So, I made the sizing
runs for my baseline building with “cool sizing ratio=1.15” and “heat sizing
ratio=1.25”. Is it all? Or I have to do a sizing run to my proposal building
too and verify the ratio between my design capacities and the capacities
determined by the sizing runs and then use this ratio in my baseline
building?

Thanks in advance

Rodrigo Cerqueira

Simulation énergétique